We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cranbury, New Jersey
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

I am supposed to go snowmobiling at Garff Ranch in deer valley next week and I am petrified of heights. I am wondering if this will be the right activity for me? Someone..please advise

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

Hmmmm...I have never considered the potential relationship between snowmobiling and a fear of heights? I've never heard anyone complain of this, but I suppose only you could know your limits. It doesn't even really matter to quote "heights," because since you're surrounded by the "land" of the mountain, it's not the same experience as riding a chairlift or hiking a ridge, etc. I hope you decide to go, because it's sooooo fun and sooooo beautiful!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

(1) Graff Ranch is not in Deer Valley, they just manage it.

(2) You will not have to worry about heights at Graff Ranch, you do go to the top of a hill for a view, but nothing to be concerned about.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,503 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

It's not actually at Deer Valley. It's located in Brown's Canyon where you will have very low, rolling hills at very best. I can't possibly imagine it being the slightest bit of a problem for you relative to heights.

Cranbury, New Jersey
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

Thanks for the info. The travel coordinator for my husband's company made this sound like you go to the top of a high mountain...she also said parts of it are steep and possibly narrow. Any truth to this? As you might tell, I am a big chicken...hate amusement rides and sadly I don't ski. More of a beach and water kind of girl, but am looking forward to seeing your part of the country. I heard Park city is awesome.

Cranbury, New Jersey
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

Thanks for the input..I am going to step out of my comfort zone (i think) and go. I am sure the views are spectacular and I don't want to miss them. I don't want to be that girl the comes to park city for a trip and stays in her hotel the whole time..lol.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,710 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

Good for you. I bet you have lots of fun.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

You will go between some trees and that will be narrow, but stay on the trail and you will be fine. If your husband wants to go high, he can head to Thousand Peaks and you can stay at Graff Ranch.

8. Re: Afraid of heights. Snowmobiling ...how high u do you go ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:20