We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount Lift Tics

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Discount Lift Tics

Trying to assess what is a discount lift ticket for Canyons. Can't seem to find he ticket window price.

Is $198 for 3 days good? Found it on liftopia.com. Also Canyon Sports, but their 2011-2012 prices aren't posted yet. Plan to ski for 4 days.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Greentown...
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount Lift Tics

198.00 split 3 days......is a pretty reasonable 66.00 a day............Liftopia is very reliable......the only thing with them is you have to pick exact days.......but sounds good so far...............can do onlline.....on the other hand.....Canyon Sports, I believe you have to go in person to buy tickets.........might not be worth the tiny savings their ticket price might be by having to go out of your way to purchase.

Backcountry.com will have lift tickets on sale courtesy of the Utah Avalanche Center in a few weeks.....they have great ticket prices too.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
721 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount Lift Tics

Backcountry.com does have great prices. I waited too long last year to buy my lift tickets and they were sold out when I went online to purchase before one of our trips.

I plan on buying my lift tickets early this year!

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount Lift Tics

Thanks for tip. I will try Backcountry.com. When you say you waited too long, how long did you wait?

Liftopia.com works because we know the exact dates we'll be there.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
721 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount Lift Tics

I believe I saw them in December or January but waited until a few weeks before our Feb trip and they were out. If memory serves correct, there is a countdown for each ski resort, i.e. "13 tickets remaining" or something like that.

We live in Vegas and ski in southern utah a lot and BackCountry.com had discount lift tix to Brianhead, and when I went to buy those, they were gone. So if they offer them again this year, I will snag some early.

Taking the family to Park City for Christmas for a week of skiing, so I'm hoping to buy the Costco multi tickets dealio. Look for those too closer to your trip.

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount Lift Tics

I've heard of those. Looked online not available yet. Do you remember the savings?

Thanks.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
721 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount Lift Tics

Are you talking about the Costco packages? They were really cheap. I think you get 5 lift tickets for something like $275 and you can share the 5 tickets amongst the family. We bought tickets for Snowbird and Park City at Costco and we'll probably get a couple of packs again this year. They even sell them down here in Vegas.

Where are you coming from?

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
183 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discount Lift Tics

We're coming from MA and we're skiing/staying at The Canyons. Do you know if they sell tics for The Canyons?

Thanks.

Hartford...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Discount Lift Tics

For the children -- Check out 5th & 6th graders ski free at:

www.skiutah.com/winter/locals/passports

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
721 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discount Lift Tics

Yes - I've bought discount tickets to the Canyons, Park City, and Snowbird at Costco. It's worth swinging by the Costco in SLC to pick them up.

10. Re: Discount Lift Tics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2011, 12:50