We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City to Alta/Snowbird

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Topic
Park City to Alta/Snowbird

Hi, I will be staying Park City the week after Sundance and would like to take a day trip to either Alta or Snowbird. Which resort would be better for blue/black skiers who don't usually go off trail? Also, what would be the best way to get to these resorts? Rent a car for the day or is there some sort of shuttle service that can be booked? Thanks in advance!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,915 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park City to Alta/Snowbird

There hasn't been a whole lot of demand so pretty limited service. Check to see if www.parkcityshuttle.com is still running them. I'm pretty sure All Resort/Park City Transportation does not, but they would also let you know who does.

You could also take the public bus from PC to Salt Lake City and then catch UTA. But that would take you an inordinate amount of time.

if you're going to make a single trip over there, get an AltaBird ticket for a few bucks more and do it all. The ability to drop down into Mineral Basin from the Alta side is a real trip - just like skiing in Europe.

Have fun.

Greentown...
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park City to Alta/Snowbird

I have used a shuttle service called CanyonHop to get me over to BCC or LCC.....they had reasonable rates that also included a lift ticket or not.........very happy with service, have used several times.

When asking what resort is better for your skiing abilities, I would say Alta.........but both Alta and Snowbird are going to provide you with an "off piste" experience.

As TC stated, if you are going for the day....just shell out for an AltaBird ticket and you can ski both.........and you can determine which one better suits your abiliities.

Have fun.

alvinut
Level Contributor
266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park City to Alta/Snowbird

I agree with K2Skier - it depends a little on what you consider to be "off trail". If you are looking for groomed trails and fun cruisers, you might want to consider Snowbasin as an alternative. Rarely crowded, lots of long cruisers and luxurious day lodges with excellent food. There is also plenty of expert terrain too, including the downhill track used during the 2002 Olympics. I think canyonhop provides service from Park City, but double check.

Of course Alta and Snowbird have some groomed trails too, but they are definitely most famous for steep terrain and deep powder. I think Snowbird is most enjoyable for advanced skiers while Alta has a nice mix of everything, but totally agree that the combo pass is a great way to experience both resorts in a day.

4. Re: Park City to Alta/Snowbird

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:16