We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deer valley and caynons lunch and apres ski

Level Contributor
550 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
deer valley and caynons lunch and apres ski

Hi! We will be skiing each resort and so far in DV we plan to eat lunch at one of the lodges...is one better than another?

For apres ski, we were going to do fondue at Goldener Hirsch...are there any other lively bars in the area or should we just head back to park city where we are satying

Also, we are going to ski the canyons one day...any lunch reccomendations? Apres ski we were going to try their "beach"...any other fun spots?

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: deer valley and caynons lunch and apres ski

They are all the same, except for the crowds. I prefer Empire, but Snow Park is less crowded. Silver Lake, forget it.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: deer valley and caynons lunch and apres ski

You just can't beat dining at Deer Valley. All the lodges have spectacular menus, but I'm a fan of their turkey chili. For a unique experience for lunch you might try the Royal Street Cafe as well. Everything is great!

Fonde at Goldener Hirsch would be wonderful, great atomophere, but I'd probably head back to town and Main Street for the nightlife.

The Canyons Resort - Fish Tacos at Red Tail Grill can't be beat.

Enjoy...and save up your appetite for Park City.

Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: deer valley and caynons lunch and apres ski

On my trips to DV......I always have to get a Turkey Pannini at Empire for a quick snack after laps on Lady Morgan.........it really is the best "sandwich" I have ever eaten......awesome.......unmatched.....

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
328 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: deer valley and caynons lunch and apres ski

I agree that the DV lodges aren't completely identical: Empire has the delicious paninis and a more modest salad bar, Silver Lake has several pizzas, the best lattes, a really good salad bar, made-to-order deli sandwiches, but no paninis, and Snow Park usually has more hot items, such as enchiladas, and another really good salad bar. If any of the lodges are serving a soup you like, have it, as their soups are the best!

I like to have lunch at Goldener Hirsch sometimes for the fondue. I also like to eat at Royal Street Cafe, and the St. Regis, and Stein's skier buffet. So much good food!

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: deer valley and caynons lunch and apres ski

Oh, "Farm" at Canyons is amazing. Right across from ski beach. Also, their on-mountain "lookout cabin" restaurant is REALLY good...just sometimes tricky to get to for a larger group. You WON'T be disappointed with any food in Park City! :)

6. Re: deer valley and caynons lunch and apres ski

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:21