We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying skis in Park City area

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glossop Derbyshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Buying skis in Park City area

We are skiing here in Park City and are looking for a good deal on buying a pair of Rossignol E88 skis. We are looking for the best price of course!!

Could anyone recommend a good place to buy, we have a car so we could travel out of town for the best price.

Thank you very much

Frank Brown

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying skis in Park City area

I don't know if Sports Authority carries them but they seem to have the best pricing in the area.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying skis in Park City area

Jan's and Cole's are the two big shops in town. As noted, Sports Authority, being a big box retailer, is likely to have better prices. Christy Sports is another. I would call or email the respective shops to check prices. If you're in town now you're still in high price season so I wouldn't expect too much discounting.

As a point of reference, backcountry.com has them at $599. That's usually a pretty good indicator of your target price. backcountry.com is actually based in Park City and ships (free) out of Salt Lake City so you could probably do that, as well.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying skis in Park City area

If cannot find a better price then that. Backcountry is located very near SLC airport on the way to PC and they have a retail store in there warehouse. They no longer allow you to order on line and pick up.

Glossop Derbyshire
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying skis in Park City area

Thank you everyone for these helpful replies.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying skis in Park City area

If you have a well-developed sense of adventure, you could try Ski Trucks on North Temple.

It's a combination flea market and ski shop with a little Latin American mercado thrown in (complete with bargaining).

Once, I was there and I saw a parka that looked nice.

It had a tag on it that said that I could win a trip to a ski event if I bought it. The event had taken place 10 years earlier.

You can't pick up at Backcountry's warehouse any more? I bought some nice stuff there over the summer, that I had found on line. And, when I went to pick up my order, I bought more stuff on top of that. But maybe that's a good thing. It's a 10 minute drive away from my house and I could easily spend all my money there.

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying skis in Park City area

If you are RENTING Skis or Snowboards, Sports Authority in Park City has the best prices in Town, by far!

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying skis in Park City area

Depending on if you are looking for a brand new ski, or a slightly used ski, Sports Authority does have good deals on new equipment. Our company, Skis on the Run, has started to sell our demo fleet from this year. This skis have been rented out since December. The edges and bases are in excellent condition, the topsheets may have minor wear and tear from being a rental ski. We are selling the Rossignol Experience 88's for $399 if you are interested. This price includes bindings too.

Happy shopping!

8. Re: Buying skis in Park City area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:15