We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A memorable activity

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A memorable activity

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend on our trip to Park City this weekend. Not being the best planner, I still am not sure how I will do it, but wanted to ask the experts (aka someone who's actually been there before) what would be a very memorable experience. I was thinking a fun outdoor activity (snowshoeing to a mountain vista, or just the best place to go on the mountain) and maybe plan a nice restaurant with a great view as a backup if the weather doesn't cooperate.

What do you guys think? Any specific ideas or maybe the best tour guide that would make sure it was special?

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A memorable activity

How much money do you have? At DV you can rent a private cabin right on the slopes.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A memorable activity

A great friend of mine proposed during a romantic hourse-drawn sleigh ride / dinner (sleigh to private cabin, then dinner, then sleigh back). I'm not sure which operator they used, but I am sure it was just the two of them (+ driver in sleigh, and cook & server @ cabin). I attached one link below, but try Googling "private dinner sligh ride in Park City" and more providers will come up.

Have fun & congratulations !!

http://www.rockymtnrec.com/sleigh-ride.php

Edited: 14 February 2012, 04:01
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,464 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A memorable activity

Our favorite snowshoe outing is Empire Pass at Deer Valley. Rent a pair of snowshoes somewhere like White Pine. Drive up the Guardsman Road past Empire Lodge and park. Hike or snowshoe up the road the half mile or so to Empire Pass, then snowshoe out on either ridgeline. Fantastic mountain vistas and a reasonably easy outing.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A memorable activity

I can afford anything but the ultra-luxurious but don't like to spend a ton unless it is a truly unique experience. How do the cabins work? I already have a hotel reserved.

I will look more into the sleigh ride - I've never done that. It doesn't seem like our style but my girlfriend does love horses!

Thanks for the tip about Empire Pass! Are there any tours that do that hike? I don't like driving on vacation so I arranged transportation instead of renting a car.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A memorable activity

Hmmm...good suggestions. I also think the Fireside Dining at Deer Valley is very special and could be very romantic. The link is below, and I noticed that you can also add-on a horse-drawn sleigh ride if you want.

deervalley.com/dining_shopping/fireside_dini…

Also within Deer Valley, the views from the porch at the St. Regis are very pretty. Fire pits, etc. I haven't eaten at their restaurant(s) lately so can't comment specifically on those, but I bet they would do a lovely job accommodating a proposal. Good luck!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A memorable activity

The cabin is meals only. Keep your room. Sunset cabin. You can call and get the rate, not not cheap.

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A memorable activity

You could go out for a nice dinner and have the ring delivered with the dessert. Worked for my friend. Talisker on Main is a great restaurant. They have a private room upstairs and you could call them and explain what you are doing. I am sure that they will work with you.

I am sure that whatever you do will be memorable. Best of luck.

8. Re: A memorable activity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 19:52