We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City July 1st - 7th

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plano, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
Park City July 1st - 7th

My 10 and 12 year old boy's have never been to the mountains. I would appreciate any recommendations for hiking trails. We will be staying at the Sky Lodge.

Thanks,

Scott

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

Sooooo many to choose from. All 3 of the Park City resorts (Park City Mountain, Deer Valley, and Canyons) will have summer hiking trail maps that they publish, and will have details for distances, elevation gains, expected time, etc. If you go to any of their websites now, and then select 'summer,' you can see last summer's hiking trail systems. They all have something different to offer. It's a great time to be in Park City!

Park City, Utah
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

Stop in to one of the retail outfitting stores like JANS or White Pine Touring and the employees will be able to point you in the right direction. They are always very helpful at both places.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,517 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

Checkout our amazing trail network at www.mountaintrails.org. with hundreds of miles of trails. The Mid-Mountain Trail is a fantastic option offering a 25-30 mile trail all at the 8,500 foot level. You can pick any section for a short hike. I would recommend from The Montage at Deer Valley over to Park City Mountain Resort and back, or just drop back down at PCMR to town if you can find a way to shuttle or bus back to your car.

Another favorite of ours is Rob's Trail which takes you up into the northern end of Canyons Resort. There are also great options off the Guardsman Pass Road both at Empire Pass (above Deer Valley) and at Guardsman Pass (either hiking south up the ridge to Clayton Peak above Brighton or north to Jupiter Peak at PCMR). Each of these have options based on the ability level.

One final idea, take a drive down to Sundance Resort (45 minutes) and do the hour hike out to Stewart Falls.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,517 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

One other thought. Make sure to put Park City's July 4th festivities on your schedule. Usually concert (free) and fireworks at Canyons on July 3, with huge parade on Main Street at 11 a.m. July 4 and fireworks that evening at PCMR.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

I came across a really cool satelite map that lets you map your trails

http://www.skidmap.com/?cat=park-city

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

Rent a car and take a drive to the Uintas. About an hour. Cool waterfall out there and a great lookout point with spectacular views. Mirror Lake is a good option out there. Pack a lunch and enjoy.

You can also hike from Deer Valley Silver Lake area to the top of Bald Mountain. Great views. Good healthy hike. Take the lift back down and eat outside at outdoor restaurant there. Or have lunch outside at Stein Ereksen Lodge. Beautiful.

You can also rent bikes at White Pine Touing and ride Rail Trail.

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

Ditto on making sure you spend the 4th in town. Park City has some of the best fireworks I've ever seen. They go all out for the holiday.

July is the perfect time for hiking the High Uintas, all the wildflowers will be in bloom! I would also suggest looking into hikes off of the Mirror Lake Highway.

*Pixie*

Edited: 23 February 2012, 22:40
Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
327 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

I would like to second the recommendation to do the Stewart Falls hike at Sundance, and add that following up with a meal there is a good plan. Don't miss the July 4 parade on Main Street. There's a 5K fun run early that morning, too (buy your entry at Cole Sport).

A non-hiking option that's fun with 10 and 12 year olds is the biathlon at Soldier Hollow. You will ride bikes and shoot the biathlon guns. http://www.soldierhollow.com/lodge_range.php

Another fun thing is to go to the Olympic Park to see the aerialist skiers practice on the water ramps. utaholympiclegacy.com/activities/athlete-tra… You can go for free anytime, and they usually have a show on Saturdays.

Lastly, take your children to PCMR for the alpine slide, alpine coast, and zipline.

Summer is such fun in Park City! Have a great time.

9. Re: Park City July 1st - 7th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 10:35