We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City for Older Teens

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Park City for Older Teens

I'm planning to take two of my kids to Park City on a ski vacation. They are 19 and 14. They'd like to be someplace where they can meet other teenagers. As we are from Australia we won't know anyone and the oldest is too old for ski school. Can anyone tell me whether Park City is a good destination? We are flexible with where we can go.

Thanks in advance.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,900 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park City for Older Teens

Park City is fine for that. Given that there are three different resorts in one community, it tends to be a great melting pot. Any of the three resorts will work fine for you. Canyons Resort, for sure, has the most developed infrastructure right at the resort in terms of hotels and base area activities. You have a wide range of hotels there but I would suggest Grand Summit as the best place to stay, meet others, etc.

Have fun.

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park City for Older Teens

That's really helpful - thank you so much.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park City for Older Teens

I'm not sure anyone is "too old for ski school" ... it is a great way to meet people & learn the mountain. There are 1/2 day sessions, so you have free skiing time too. You might inquire with directly with the three resorts Re. classes for "older teens" of his/her particular ability.

Hopefully others will chime in Re. where the

under 21 crowd hangs out.

Have Fun!

4. Re: Park City for Older Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 13:41