We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hrs in Park City

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
730 reviews
Save Topic
3 hrs in Park City

Hi local experts - will be there tomorrow afternoon on the way back from a business trip and wondered what the must see sights are these days for a couple of hours ?

About 20 years ago, friends and I used to come skiing once a year for about 4 years so have many happy memories of the place - would like to do a little spot of shopping if that outlet mall is still there at the turnoff from I 80 but would just like to experience the place again, really quite excited !

Remains my fave place to ski btw - that Utah powder really is the best I've experienced anywhere and lately I've been fortunate enough to do my skiing all over Alberta - help appreciated

Rob

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
730 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 hrs in Park City

Sorry, 1 additional question, always looking for summer deals on ski equipment, specifically race gear for my kids, anywhere in town to suggest ? Will also be heading into SLC to catch flight if there is a better option there ?

Rob

Layton, Utah
Level Contributor
183 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 hrs in Park City

If you've not been for several years, I'd suggest hitting Main Street to at least window shop then you can head to the outlets (still there and expanded) to do some real shopping.

Park City Resort has expanded their summer activities to include ziplines and an alpine coaster. Very fun. I was just there yesterday.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,955 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 hrs in Park City

If you only have a few hours I would also suggest you spend much of it on the historic Main Street. It's easy to park and walk around. Spend 1-2 hours there easily and have memorable time. It's also pretty easy to visit the Alf Engen Ski Museum and 2002 Olympic museum at the Utah Olympic Park. It's free and right on your way back out to I-80. Just drive up to the big ski jumps. Even spending 30 minutes there is worthwhile.

Yes, you can hit the outlet malls. But you can also do that anywhere.

Have fun. Weather will be great tomorrow.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
730 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 hrs in Park City

Thanks both for your help, parked in main street and wandered and ate Gelato before wandering round the base of the lifts and getting some great deals on t shirts and other tourist tatt. Just as great a place as I remember, lovely afternoon.

Rob

5. Re: 3 hrs in Park City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:16