We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Park City region with non-skiers?

DC
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Park City region with non-skiers?

I posted earlier that I was going to take a mother-daughter ski trip this winter to Utah. I've decided to go to the Park City area, but now there are going to be 6 of us and there are three non-skiers.

Having never been to the area, I'm wondering where the best place would be for us to stay. We want to rent a condo/townhouse, and I think it might be better to be right in town in Park City so that the non-skiers could have things to do, rather than be on a mountain. Thoughts about that???

Also, what kinds of activities are there for non-downhill skiers? Is there good cross-country skiing or snowshoeing close by? They are very athletic, but just don't like downhill skiing!

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback, suggestions, advice!!

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Park City region with non-skiers?

If staying with non-skiers I would try to get a place within walking distance of main street. Pretty high end, but Sky Lodge is a good choice for a non-skier location.

If they are really into getting out cross country, Hotel Park City is right next to the XC track and is very comfortable.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,788 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Park City region with non-skiers?

You'll find plenty to do no matter where you stay. But, as noted, staying close to Main Street would be optimum. There are plenty of activities including hundreds of restaurants and shops, a visit to the Olympic Museum at the Utah Olympic Park, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, etc. All Seasons Adventures is a good one-stop source of non-skiing fun.

In addition to Sky Lodge, check Marriott Summit Watch.

Have fun.

3. Re: Where to stay in Park City region with non-skiers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:17