We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lift tickets and resorts

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
lift tickets and resorts

Hello

Im skiing in Park City in Feb, 2013 and as im coming from Ireland i was wondering what is the best way to but lift tickets. Is it in resort or online and if online at what site. Im staying in Park City so could you tell me what other resorts are close by to ski at. I wont have a car so will be relying on public transport.

Many thanks in advance.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,915 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lift tickets and resorts

You can by lift tickets at any of the resorts on your day of skiing. Do note that Deer Valley does limit ticket sales and could hit limit on key weekends in February. You can also buy lift tickets from several online sources including Liftopia.com.

If you do not have a car, you probably should stick with the three Park City resorts. There is no public transportation to the other nearby resorts. You could arrange a private transfer but no real reason to do so as you have plenty of skiing right in Park City.

Have fun.

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: lift tickets and resorts

TumbleweedandCactus

Thank you very much for your information i appreciate you taking the time to reply. Think i will do as you say and stick to the 3 resorts.

Belmont, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lift tickets and resorts

I fly into Salt Lake City every year to ski at Park City and other resorts in the area. I do rent a car, but I really should save my money because there is plenty of skiing in the immediate Park City area with Park City Mountain, Canyons Resort and Deer Valley all on the Park City public transit system.

With those three locations there is plenty of skiing to keep you busy for at least a week. If you are interested in other locations, I recommend you check out www.skiutah.com which sponsors the Interconnect Tour which, from the Park City side, takes you on a six resort tour letting you ski backcounty in many of them. I sound like an advertisement for SkiUtah but I do use that site a lot for planning my ski trips.

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: lift tickets and resorts

Many thanks for the great info. Think i will stick to the 3 local resorts as it will be enough for me.

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: lift tickets and resorts

Does Deer Valley lift tickets allow you to ski say 2 out of 7 days the way you can do at Park City and the Canyons resorts. Or do you just have to buy a ticket for 2 days. I have about 7 days skiing and want to mix it up over the 3 resorts.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,915 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lift tickets and resorts

DV does offer a 2 of 7, 3 of 7, etc.

deervalley.com/Tickets/Ticket/TicketLanding

Also checkout tickets at liftopia.com.

Have fun.

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: lift tickets and resorts

Thank you very much for the info.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: lift tickets and resorts

The three resorts in Park City are nice in their own way. On the other side of the mountains lie four more areas, about 45 minutes to an hour drive away. If you are serious about snow and want to do the most to take advantage of your holiday, consider checking out one of the other areas in Big or Little Cottonwood Canyon. Often times when the Park City resorts receive snow, Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude receive significantly more. There's a company in town that rents four wheel drive vehicles to get you there, should you decide to chase the powder during your visit.

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: lift tickets and resorts

Thanks Thomas for the good information. I think i will divide my time up between the 3 PC Resorts. I have a total of 8 days to ski so just have to decide what way to divide it up.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lift tickets and resorts

Deer Valley does offer a X out of 7 day ticket. However, it has to be purchased at Deer Valley. If you advance purchase, it is a consecutive day ticket only.