We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleigh ride and fireside dining at Deer Valley

Round Rock, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Sleigh ride and fireside dining at Deer Valley

Our family of 5, all adults, will be in Park City the week after Christmas. I was wondering if it would be worth it to take a sleigh ride to the restaurant for "fireside dining". It is $79 pp. Any thoughts on doing this or a different sleigh ride?

Thanks for your help!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleigh ride and fireside dining at Deer Valley

You get at empire and they drive you around and back to empire. At PCMR you ae at he based ride to a cabin get a view and back down. None are great. You you are going to do fireside, then that's the ride I would take. You do not have to eat at fireside to ate the ride

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,645 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleigh ride and fireside dining at Deer Valley

I'll second that. It's a fun ride, but they basically run you in a short lap around the snow in front of Empire Lodge. Fun experience but not like taking a sleigh ride to dinner through the woods.

By all means, do the Fireside Dining - amazing experience and very reasonably priced.

Just t check, that $79 you were quoted is for dinner AND the sleigh ride, right?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleigh ride and fireside dining at Deer Valley

It sounds like you are talking about the Snowed Inn sleigh ride/dinner at PCMR. That's the one that costs $79. I've only been to dinner at Fireside Dining at DV, and it was a fantastic experience (the sleigh ride is optional, and we did not wind up doing it). I had contacted DV about the Fireside sleigh ride last year, and below is the information they provided:

Horse-drawn sleigh rides will be available for hire throughout dinner.

They last about 12 minutes and leave from the Empire Lodge.

-$30.00 per sleigh, not each guest. 6 guests maximum

The cost will be conveniently added to your dinner bill.

Our sleigh rides take off from FSD in 15 minute intervals starting at 5:30 and ending at 9:00.

4. Re: Sleigh ride and fireside dining at Deer Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:18