We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first trip (almost)

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
first trip (almost)

I say this is almost my first trip because I imagine things will be very different then when I was last there-1992. In 92 I stayed a week at the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird and did a day trip to Deer Valley. I have very fond memories of that trip and in particular DV. I also remember trying to decide if my side trip was going to be DV or... Park West! I just got done looking at that 92 trail map for DV, and oh father time has apparently been good to DV's skiable acreage. So other than more terrain what else can I expect to find different?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: first trip (almost)

As the OP I thought I would follow up now that my trip is complete. First off Deer Valley was as nice as I remember it to be. It is probably my favorite ski mountain now. It was that great. I also spent one day skiing at PCMR in addition to skiing 3 day at DV. Main street was a lot of fun going in all the shops and trying lots of good food. Great atmosphere all the way. It was surreal to be walking down main street and see skiers coming down the mountain just a few hundred yards away.

We found some great food in PC. For our special meal it was the J&G Grill which was awesome and has a price tag to match but is perfect for a special occasion. High West has one of the best burgers I have ever had anywhere and great in house made whiskey and vodkas. We also had some incredible pizza at Fuego's.

I look forward to skiing Deer Valley again. Maybe next time I will get a day in at Canyons too. My wife does not ski and still had a great time relaxing and being spoiled rotten at the St Regis. If you want to read more I did reviews of all the above mentioned businesses.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: first trip (almost)

Also since shuttle companies are asked about a lot we had a total of 3 round trips (from SLC-PC) with All MountainTransportation and we were very pleased. I actually only booked 1 of the 3 RTs as a private ride. The other two were booked as shared but they turned into private rides!

13. Re: first trip (almost)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:20