We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Regis vs. Montage

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
St. Regis vs. Montage

We are going to Deer Valley the week before Christmas and were debating between the Montage and the St. Regis.

We like to be closer to the center of action, view doesn't matter a whole lot, but room should be great - as should common spaces like fire pit, apres ski, etc.

Montage is about $350 cheaper for 5 nights and includes breakfast. St. Regis is more expensive and doesn't include anything.

Thoughts? Honestly just want the best hotel in Deer Valley/Park City regardless of price.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
428 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Regis vs. Montage

Both Hotels are on the edges of the resort, St Regis to the lookers left side of the Resort and Montage to the lookers Right. Neither are in the center of any action, restaurants or shopping and would require driving to either Main Street in Park City or over to Silver Lake. Check out the hotels in Silver Lake which is the center of Deer Valley and is more what you are probably envisioning. Stein Erickson Lodge would be a good place to start.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Regis vs. Montage

The Montage has a very nice great room with a few fireplaces and lots of couches. The St. Regis has a cool Funicular to reach the property that is fun the first couple times.

Both properties have chair lifts. Both properties have excellent restaurants. Both properties have vehicles to shuttle you down to Main Street.

Like mentioned above, both properties are a bit removed from the action of Main Street. However, this doesn't mean they are dull and boring, especially if you come during a busy time.

Given the price difference, I would pick the Montage. However, if being in the mix is important, check out The Washington Schoolhouse Inn or the Torchlight Inn. Both are boutique hotels within a super easy walk to Main Street.

Until the gondola is built from Main Street to Deer Valley, it's going to be tough to enjoy both DV luxury and Main Street excitement.

Edited: 06 December 2013, 22:48
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Regis vs. Montage

Do note that NEITHER is close to anything. Between the two, we like St. Regis better. Montage is a better location for skiing. And, to be fair, it is next door to Empire Lodge so you can get Fireside Dining, which is nice. St. Regis has a great outdoor fire pit. Montage has a new burger restaurant and whiskey milk shakes.

Given that view isn't important to you, have you considered Sky Lodge on Main Street? Would put you closer to the action than anything at Deer Valley. I would also consider Stein Eriksen Lodge which has a few more places in walking distance.

Have fun.

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Regis vs. Montage

Thanks for the recommendations. I should have note that service, room, etc. are also important - that's why we are comparing two of the highest end hotels. I guess I would be willing to give up a bit of proximity for nicer accommodations.

I just like to be able to get fun apres and not have to walk a mile in my boots.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
327 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Regis vs. Montage

I really like apres at St. Regis either in their lovely bar or on the deck by the fire pit. I have never stayed at either hotel, but I imagine that the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms deluxe at both locations. Have a great time!

6. Re: St. Regis vs. Montage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:17