We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction going south on I-15?

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Construction going south on I-15?

I have heard that there is major road construction on I-15. How many miles does the construction go on for and how much delay should I expect on a Saturday or Sunday through the construction?

Thanks in advance.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,684 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction going south on I-15?

From St George to the Arizona border (8 miles) the freeway has been reduced to one lane each direction. The hold up is squeezing from two into one lane. Once you are in the lane it is 55 mph and for me there was minimal delay last Thur heading south and Sun heading north.

There is also the same scenario further north around Scipio, the website says about 22 miles, though it didn't feel that far to me.

check out www.udot.utah.gov/main/f…

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction going south on I-15?

Drove this stretch of road last Saturday at about 10am - traffic was light and we had no significant delays.

3. Re: Construction going south on I-15?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 07:17