We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in St George

Calgary
Level Contributor
38 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in St George

We will be in the area for a few nights before going onto Springdale. we'll be biking/sightseeing and we're a family of 5 - kids aged 12-19. We'd like to be close to good restaurants, scenery, have a pool if possible. Any suggestions on where to stay appreciated!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,703 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in St George

I was going to suggest stay in Springdale,it has everything you are looking for.But I guess you are going there later.

I have always stayed at the Fairfield Inn in St George,near the Chevy dealer.No complaints.Price is right.Not sure I would want to stay there more than a couple nights.Every chain hotel you can think of is there.

For more high end lodging check out the Inn at Entrada.

www.innatentrada.com

utah
Level Contributor
1,856 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in St George

Any clues on what budget you are looking at?

Hilton Garden Inn has a nice pool right of the freeway close to the best mountain biking in the St George area - Green Valley.

Pretty much any hotel in St. George is going to be on St. George Blvd. and will all be close to restaurants. You could stay in Santa Clara if you want to be a little more off the beaten path with nicer scenery - St. George is nice too with the red cliffs though.

Calgary
Level Contributor
38 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in St George

As we're a family of 5 we might have to get 2 rooms or a suite anyways, so our budget isn't that restrictive, I guess! We're getting used to having to spend a little to have nice accommodation. In Moab we stayed in a really nice condo with pool, etc. But it was a drive into town and we're thinking we'd like to go out a little too....

thanks for the help so far!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,390 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in St George

i would stay near the newer area of st george to be close to shopping and alot of good restaurants. near river street

try the town place suites its sort of up on a hill, but close to things near river street.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g57119-d1006761…

or if you want to be right in the middle of everything the hampton inn which is on river street.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g57119-d109927-…

heres a good list of things to do near st george

http://www.utah.com/stgeorge/

Utah
Level Contributor
132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in St George

There is also a bunch of hotels along Bluff Street and near the Convention Center. You might also check vrbo.com for condos and houses for rent by owner. River Road and I-15 is where a lot of the restaurants and shopping is located. For activities, there's Snow Canyon State Park, the area around Tuacahn Amphitheatre (very scenic), the view of the entire city of St. George from the airport (located on a bluff, above Bluff Street!), and tiny historic downtown. There are guided horseback trail rides. Summit Athletic Club might have day passes to use their pools, jacuzzis, & gym. For restaurants, try Chuck-a-Rama, good price and a great selection. Beats Golden Corral by a mile. If you get there before 4 pm, it's still lunch prices but they bring out dinner (no difference except they add slice to order ham, turkey, and beef). Mostly there are chain restaurants in this town. I live in St. George so if you have any more questions, please ask :)

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in St George

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g57119-d72979-R… Nice pools.

We stayed here for several days, close to everything. Take the raving reviews with a grain of salt though. Too many first time posters imo.

We had dinner at Sullivan's Rococo Steak House near the a/p. Bit fancy but the views are to die for..

Tet

new York
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in St George

Am planning a trip to Zion and will stay in St. George. Can you please tell me:

1- what the weather's generally like at the end of September

2- Have you been to Kayenta and is it worth checking out?

3-Deciding between best Western Abbey Inn or the Hampton Inn on River Rd. Is one better located or seem to be nicer than the other?

Thanks so much for the help!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in St George

Hi

1. For the weatherstats please check http://www.wunderground.com/ or www.weather.com End of september is very nice and still warm generally spoken.

2. Kayente is 30 minutes south of Monument Valley Tribal Park in the middle of nowhere and a long way from St. George. My first pick would be The View Hotel or Goulding's Lodge in and near Monument Valley. Not much in Kayenta.

3. See TA hotel reviews

And....keep an eye on roadworks in Zion NP nps.gov/zion/parkmgmt/road-construction.htm

St. George app. is one hour from Zion NP.

Tet

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,904 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in St George

Kayenta is also an upscale community in St George. We drove through briefly last week and thought it looked great. http://www.kayentautah.com/

You'll have to specify what Kayenta you mean.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,390 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay in St George

knapsackfilled,

if you are just planning on going to zions, its much closer to stay in springdale.

that being said, i love the st george area, there are many things to do in the area, this is a good website, i have been to most of the places on the list.

http://www.utah.com/stgeorge/

pine valley is also a fun area to visit about an hour north of st george

ipicture.mobi/?d=1434617&s=UT&f=reservoir

i have stayed at the abbey inn, it was very nice,

location wise, the hampton would be closer to shopping and restaurants,

i have not stayed there, but they look nice from the outside.

the abbey in is also close to restaurants, but, i would go to the river street area to eat at, as the restaurants and food there are better.

both are on a main street with traffic.

Edited: 31 May 2010, 15:44
Get answers to your questions about St. George