We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing own boots to Snowbird/Alta

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing own boots to Snowbird/Alta

My first trip to Snowbird/Alta is coming up next week. I've never flown to a ski destination before, so I have a question about bringing my own boots, but renting skis. Is this common? A friend suggested that it wasn't worth it, and that there might be issues. I think perhaps he tried it once with old boots and had some hassles, but my boots are only two years old. However, if it's going to be more trouble than it's worth, then I won't bother. Any advice is appreciated.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing own boots to Snowbird/Alta

People do it all the time. There should not be an issue.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing own boots to Snowbird/Alta

It's totally fine and actually advisable to ski in your own boots.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing own boots to Snowbird/Alta

It's my experience that once you have your own boots, you'll hate rentals. I've never heard of an issue with this. The rental outfits don't care and your boots will work fine with the bindings.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing own boots to Snowbird/Alta

Thank you to everyone for your replies, I appreciate it.

5. Re: Bringing own boots to Snowbird/Alta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2016, 19:15