We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottonwood Canyon Road

Which Tropic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
471 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Cottonwood Canyon Road

We're planning a road trip from Sedona to GC, Page, Zion, Bryce, and back. I notice that the estimated travel time for Cottonwood Canyon Road from Tropic to Page is really long, compared to the mileage. Can someone describe the drive for me? Is the scenery worth the (probably winding) road? Or am I better off going right back down 89, which is how we are going up from Zion. Also, could anyone suggest an alternate route back to Sedona whereby we wouldn't be backtracking all the way. We plan to go up 89 most of the way. How about through Fredonia, Jacob Lake via 67. Looks on the map like the road ends in the GC? We don't mind slow speed limits and curvy roads, but we don't want something that's going to turn our hair (more) gray, either! Any help is appreciated. Thanks. I love these forums. Everyone is so helpful!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,181 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cottonwood Canyon Road

RedRox is a senior too. How do you think I learned so much? Glad you got that reservation.

Here's another tip. As you drive to or from Marble Canyon via 89A and get up to Jacob Lake near the GCNP North Rim, be sure to stop at the Jacob Lake Inn. You can't miss it. Go inside and buy some of their fresh baked cookies. Buy twice as many as you think you might want. Because after you leave, when you eat that last crumb, you'll wish you had bought more. Best cookies in the world!!!

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
471 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cottonwood Canyon Road

Ohhhh, cookies! Hubby is ready to go now! Want us to bring you some back to Sedona? We'll be stopping back there for a couple of days. (On second thought, they'd never make it. With my hubby in the car, cookies are not safe!) Thanks so, so much for all your help! Planning this trip seemed overwhelming when I started, but you and the others have made it easy and fun!

13. Re: Cottonwood Canyon Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 05:18