We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vernal lodging

Monrovia, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vernal lodging

Hi Everyone,

We will be stoping in Vernal for a couple of nights to visit my husband's sister. Any recommendations for places to stay in town?

We're not looking for luxery, just someplace clean and comfortable. And we'd like to keep the price under $100 per night.

Thanks,

Tracey

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,482 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vernal lodging

There are a number of places that seem to have rates under $100, including a few Best Westerns. Search here on TA for reviews of a number of them, then check rates.

I would still recommend visiting Dinosaur Nat Mon, even tho the main visitor center and quarry are currently closed (do to building damage).

Have a nice visit.

Orem, Utah
Level Contributor
506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vernal lodging

im not sure when your going but lodging can get pretty pricey out there due to the oil workers. they all come in to work the oil fields with no housing in Vernal and end up living in hotels. it can be a challenge to find a hotel in Vernal

Monrovia, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vernal lodging

Thank you for your responses. I was hoping for a personal recommendation as the reviews on Trip Advisor are very inconsistent. I guess I'll just have to choose one and let it go.

I'm sorry to hear about Dinosaur National Monument. We had planned to visit there. We still might.

Tracey

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vernal lodging

Hi

We stayed at the Best Western Antlers Motel in Vernal. It has a very good pool and friendly staff. We stayed in a suite like room which was great. Try the ones away from the busy road. Adjacent to the hotel is a restaurant. Not haute cuisine but it served decent food. The price of the suite will be around $125 but I recommend it to the normal rooms. It was large and very comfortable.

Tet

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,935 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vernal lodging

If you are interested in dinosaurs don't miss the State Museum right in Vernal. In many ways it is better than the Monument.

We have never needed a hotel there, so sorry can't help you. But I would try to get reservations in early, as stated, there have been reports of low availability due to the oil workers.

Monrovia, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vernal lodging

Thanks for the replies.

Tracey

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vernal lodging

As far as I can tell (and I haven't checked in a few weeks) there are absolutely NO PLACES available in Vernal! If you know the dates of your stay and can make reservations right now -- DO IT!

There is a huge oilfield/gas boom in the Uintah Basin at the moment, and all the rooms during the week are "committed". I've been told that the weekends aren't as booked up, so you might have more luck on the weekends.

Also, don't automatically dismiss the Motel 6 in Vernal. It's actually one of the newer (and larger) hotels in town, and the last time I was there it was pretty nice.

Please visit the monument! They are doing walking tours of the fabulous rock formations while the visitor center is closed. It's hot right now but the "bones" aren't just contained at the visitor center! Check with the monument or at the museum for more information.

The museum is a "must" in my book! Very beautiful, well designed and a treat for any youngsters.

Good luck on finding yourself a room!

*Pixie*

8. Re: Vernal lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 05:25