We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bennington Moosefest 2005

Which Bennington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sevierville, Tn
2 posts
Save Topic
Bennington Moosefest 2005

We just spent a delightful weekend in Bennington, Vermont. They are celebrating Moosefest 2005 from May through October this year.The artist decorated moose are quite diverse and very entertaining, some whimsical and some beautifully artistic. We participated in a Moosefest scavenger hunt and met wonderfully friendly people. This is is must do!

Lake Peekskill, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bennington Moosefest 2005

We'll be in Bennington for Columbus Day weekend. Where exactly is the Moosefest located in Bennington?

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bennington Moosefest 2005

Teacher,

I have not been to Bennington since the Moose were let loose, (I live an hour away), but I have seen the same thing with sheep in Pittsfield, Mass and pigs in Venice, FL. They are pretty creative! You can get the full scoop on the Bennington Moose at the town web site: www.Bennington.com or directly to the link off that page: www.benningtonmoosefest.com.

Have a great trip!

Westernmass

Lake Peekskill, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bennington Moosefest 2005

Thanks a lot for the feedback. But, I am a little offended that you didn't mention where it all started. Actually, I think we were second. But what about New York's Cow Parade? A friend of mine did Strawberry Milkshake Cow, and it was placed in front of Strawberry Fields in Central Park. When it was all over, and the artists tried selling their cows, my friend couldn't get rid of hers. I thought Yoko Ono would think it was a perfect buy for that area. But she was too cheap.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bennington Moosefest 2005

Sorry... don't know the history of the urban art creatures, but I do like them! The sale of the sheep in near by Pittsfield, MA was a big success at the end of the season a year ago!

btw... Columbus Day weekend can be one big traffic jamb in Bennington. It's the leaf peeping thing to do! It might be a little better since they opened a by-pass, but I would still expect heavy traffic.. just be prepared!

Enjoy!

Lake Peekskill, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bennington Moosefest 2005

Thank you for the tip. I had a feeling it might be a little nuts. However, I commute daily from the suburbs to the South Bronx in the most insane traffic you've ever seen in your life. I've seen things so unbelievable that I don't even tell people about them for fear they might think I'm having hallucinations. So I think I'm up to the challenge.

I wish I had known about the other animal parades. I would have loved to have seen them. Do they mass market small versions of them like they did the NYC cows?

Get answers to your questions about Bennington