We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do?

Which Brattleboro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cicero
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do?

We have a choice of either staying overnite in Brattleboro on our way to Maine or Keene NH.

We have a dog with us. Is there enough to do in Brattleboro to warrant a stay there? Shops and good restaurants or should we keep going? Pet friendly hotels?

4 replies to this topic
Arizona
Level Contributor
56 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do?

I have the exact same question as Mydas does: Keene or Brattleboro? In our case, we are two, an adult and a teen, and will have an evening and the next morning to hang out, get a bite to eat. I'm leaning toward Brattleboro. (We've spent time in Keene here and there, on previous trips.) I suppose this is probably a six-of-one kind of question? But I have a vague feeling that Brattleboro has a funkier vibe?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do?

We are going to Maine in August by way of southern NH and are driving through Brattleboro which sounds like a funky fun place to stay as opposed to Keene. I don't have any first hand experience and we are stopping in antique shops along the way. We are staying at the Chesterfield Inn which is across the border into NH, I recommend going on Trip Advisor for both towns and sizing them up. The reviews for each will tell you which one is right for you. Enjoy you vacation!

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
8 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do?

Brattleboro is a nice town with a covered bridge. We always stop at Basketville for something to do while in Brattleboro. This Oct. we will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Brattleboro when we go leaf-peeping.

Arizona
Level Contributor
56 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do?

Thanks for these replies, NGM60 and traveler33951. We ended up staying in Keene, but passed through Brattleboro, and hope to return there again with more time. Keene was nice. It would be a good base for hiking Mr. Monadnock. Fwiw, we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, which is well-located for walking to Main St., where there is a mix of shops and restaurants from the quaint (an apothecary!) to the mundane-but-reliable (Subway). Next to the Courtyard is the new Keene food co-op, which is terrific. I recommend stopping there to replenish your travel snacks, and/or to grab a fresh lunch (they have a pretty seating area by a bank of windows). Also a terrific place for dinner in Keene is right next door: Nicola's Trattoria. Fantastic. ~100/dinner for two.

Reply to: Things to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted