We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

I have seen mostly negative reviews here about hotels in Burlington. We are traveling in mid-April, and would love to be within walking distance of the downtown shops and restaurants. We will be with 3 kids, ages 15, 11, and 6. ANy suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

Only hotel in Burlington within walking distance is the Wyndham.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/BTVBU/main.wnt

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

Ditto Xeena's post.

Ash

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

There is a new Courtyard By Marriott under construction next door to the Wyndham. It looks like it's about done. You may want to check marriott.com for an opening date as I havent heard anything lately.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

Opens March 2007 - so your in luck :-) Link below

marriott.com/hotels/…

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

Well Suebee123,

You might consider a B & B and one I can recommend is Lang House at www.langhouse.com which has had some good reviews.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

Re: the Courtyard by Marriott hotel - it looks really good. I have been trying to make a reservation for mid-March, with no luck. =+(

The website now says opening in April, but who knows?

RRT
South Burlington...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

I have stayed at the Wyndham a number of times downtown. It is ok. It is just like staying at any other hotel, it has it ups and downs. If you can get a lake view room, they can be pretty nice. It does have a nice pool area and a small workout room. There is a hot tub in the pool room as well. It is no Ritz (it could use some renovations), but it is not as bad as everyone is making it seem. It has been very clean every time I stayed there as well.

NYC
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

Only after making a reservation at the new Courtyard did I see the first review pop up at this site for the hotel. The reviewer (a fellow New Yorker) says that the front-desk staff is incredibly rude.

Have any of the Vermont experts heard anything about this place yet? Is this a place I should avoid?

Thank you.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

The hotel just opened last week, so hopefully they're just working out the kinks. The place looks really nice so I'd give it a go. Be sure to post back your review.

Boston
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a GOOD Hotel in downtown Burlington??

We stayed overnight on April 20 (2007) at the new Courtyard in Burlington. I can't believe we were in the same hotel as the person who wrote the hotel's first review. We were greeted by every staff member we encountered and asked how our stay was. The staff is still learning their jobs but seemed well trained and we had no problem checking in or out or getting our car from valet. The breakfast staff was a little busy but you need to have a little patience - we were all new at our jobs one time and they certainly were eager to please if a little bit overwhelmed. I thought the hotel was just fine, the Wyndham next door, we had stayed at a few years ago. It was OK also but for $116 for our room at the Courtyard it was cheaper and brand-spanking new.