We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

we finally have a great deli!

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
362 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
we finally have a great deli!

Vermont has had bagels for many years, but until recently, good Jewish deli food was unknown. I just ate at Burlington's new Sadie Katz Deli, on Bank Street, and can promise that it's the real thing.

Excellent, fresh-cut warm pastrami and corned beef, potato pancakes, egg creams...on and on. It would qualify as at least very good in NYC, but here...it's heaven!

Tip: get there early. I went at 11:30 for lunch, and by noon there was a line out the door.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
647 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: we finally have a great deli!

We ate lunch at Sadie Katz last week and it was GREAT! We passed up sitting outside on the pedestrian mall in order to try this deli, and it was way worth it! Thanks for this tip; it really made our day. And at 1pm there was no wait.

Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
362 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: we finally have a great deli!

Just reading your post makes my mouth water! I've GOT to get back there soon.

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
36 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: we finally have a great deli!

Glad they are here, great deli and they make a mean pastrami sandwich.

Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
362 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: we finally have a great deli!

It's not on the menu, but you can ask for a combo of pastrami, corned beef, and turkey with Russian. Such food may kill me, but that's the way to go!

5. Re: we finally have a great deli!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 18:17