We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches on Lake Champlain

Boston...
Level Contributor
75 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best beaches on Lake Champlain

Hi all,

I am looking for the best beaches on Lake Champlain in the Burlington - St Albans area (we are staying in Georgia).

So far I have found several state parks:

Kill Kare

Burton Island

Sand Bar

Grand Isle

Knight Point

How are these? Are there any other good ones I am missing?

Your opinions and input are welcome.

Thanks

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches on Lake Champlain

We really liked Grand Isle State Park. BUT...keep in mind that many beaches don't have sandy bottoms - Grand Isle is all shale. You'll want to bring water shoes with you.

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
36 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches on Lake Champlain

Sand bar or North Beach in Burlington. North Beach actually has sand.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches on Lake Champlain

Sand Bar us nice and sandy. It's shallow quite a ways out.

Kill Kare, Grand Isle and Knight Point are all fairly similar. Nice open areas with some trees for shade and beaches with a mis of rock and some sand.

Burton Island is pretty unique for camping, or if you're a boater. No cars are allowed - you've got to get there by boat (there's a small ferry). It's a great place if you've got kids IMHO.

Shelburne Farms might have a beach area.... (?)

Enjoy!

4. Re: Best beaches on Lake Champlain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 23:20