We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vermont - Moosalamoo region - hiking trips

Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Vermont - Moosalamoo region - hiking trips

We're looking for information about anyone's experiences with some of the Vermont guided and/or non-guided inn-to-inn hiking trips organized through some of the providers at:

http://www.voga.org/hiking.htm

Trying to plan a hiking trip for summer 2009, prefer inn-to-inn hiking.

There appears to be several tour companies that will either provide a guided trip or make the arrangements and provide maps for a self-guided trip.

Any recommendations or comments about these trips?

Thanks!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vermont - Moosalamoo region - hiking trips

Unfortuntately I cant help you with the inn-to-inn hiking question, but can tell you that the area is absolutely beautiful and the hiking is great. The Blueberry Hill Inn in Goshen is supposed to be wonderful (have only driven by) but is in the heart of the Moosalamoo Region and would be a good base if you decided to stay in only one place and do day hikes.

Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vermont - Moosalamoo region - hiking trips

Thanks! Since it looks like I will have to have a rental car anyway to get from the airport to an inn, I'm leaning towards planning my own day hikes from various inns. That way, I can spend a few days at one inn, do several day hikes, then drive to another section to stay at another inn and hike in other areas.

Any tips on the most scenice "can't miss" trails for easy/moderate hiking or other things to see/do in the region?

Thanks!

3. Re: Vermont - Moosalamoo region - hiking trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 09:33