We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

After reading tons of reviews, I'm even more confused!!! Looking for a nice place for one night (pre-Disney!!) for 3 families with 6 adults and 4 kids (4,2,1 years old and a 5 month old). So we would prefer a place with a restaurant and a pool. There are so many mixed reviews that I can't make up my mind. Especially since I have to decide for the whole group.

Thanks!!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,767 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

The top choices for amenities are the Hilton and Marriot in downtown Burlington, overlooking the lake. Both are walking distance to shops, restaurants, and nightlife. Cost is usually in the $100+ range per room.. maybe slightly less if you've got AAA or some other group rate.

A cheaper and quite decent option with a basic pool is the Anchorage Motor Inn in S. Burlington, a bit closer to the airport. It's just off I-89, near the Sheraton and Doubletree, with rooms appropriately cheaper in the $60-100 range. Downtown is ~2 miles.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

My suggestion would be the Doubletree-they definately have an outdoor pool and I'm pretty sure there is an indoor one as well. Trader Dukes is the restaurant on site and it's actually pretty good. I would suggest walking up to Al's French Frys though-the kids would love it. The Doubletree is about a mile from the airport (I'm assuming you're flying out in the morning as you mention Disney!).

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

I'll second the endorsement of the Doubletree, and Trader Duke's is a surprisingly good family place to eat. And the kids will LOVE Al's French Fry's.

The downtown hotels are great, too, but they likely will be much more expensive.

montreal
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Looked at the Doubletree and it looked ideal but they only have smoking rooms. Don't know how that will fly with 2 of the kids with asthma. Might have to look at another hotel. Yes we are flying to Disney in the morning.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

The Best Western Windjammer which is across the street from teh Doubletree is another good bet. They do have an indoor pool and a really good restaurant and pub on site. And of course Al's is still within walking distance ;)

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

Oh-and try the Hawthorne Suites. They do not have an on-site restaurant however. They DO have a really good breakfast.

7. Re: Hotel for 1 night with 4 kids (3 families)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Burlington
Recent Conversations