We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington area motel advice

New York, NY
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Burlington area motel advice

We're coming to Burlington next month.

We're looking for comfortable, clean accommodations not too far from the major attractions and downtown.

These are the places we're considering:

Anchorage Inn (read a lot of mixed/bad reviews on here)

Days Inn-Shelburne

T-Bird Motel

Countryside Motel

Anyone have any experience with any of these? Or can they recommend something else?

In past trips we've stayed at the Bel Aire and then the Travelodge, which has since turned into a Super 8 (and gone down the tubes according to reports).

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burlington area motel advice

The Anchorage has been my pick for cost/performance though granted, I haven't stayed there in a bunch of years. (Hey - I'll check the place out for you for a couple of beers!) That would be where I'd stay - looks like they've been keeping it up nicely from the outside and the prices are still pretty cheap (~$90-100) considering the location.

Shelburne is at least a 15-20 min, $10-15 cab ride from downtown, so not sure if that's really worth considering vs. spending more for the Hilton or Marriott right in downtown BTV. The T-bird is similarly far. The North Star motel might be a slightly better choice for low end accommodations, which is about 10 min from downtown and $40-50 I think. Another (much maligned) place is the midtown motel - a dive with saggy beds and questionable but non-threatening clientele which is right downtown and went for $60/night years ago.

Personally, I'd do the Midtown if cost is king, or pay more for the Hilton or Marriott ($200, though maybe you can get ~$100 from AAA or a corporate discount?) since it's great to be right downtown and you'll save a bunch in cab fare.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burlington area motel advice

I think the Mid-Town is now closed. Not sure.

3. Re: Burlington area motel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 05:20