We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How about this Idea, Essex to Port Kent Ny.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
How about this Idea, Essex to Port Kent Ny.

We could get off the train at Essex Junction and take a cab or bus to the ferry dock in burlington. Take the ferry across to Port Kent and get on the New York train over there?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How about this Idea, Essex to Port Kent Ny.

When do you plan to do this? The ferry from Burlington to Fort Kent is closed for the season.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How about this Idea, Essex to Port Kent Ny.

Yes, that's a question you need to answer. Try to keep your question in one thread so it is easier to figure out what is your plan.

I don't know where you are traveling from in MA but maybe it would be easier to find your way to Albany, NY and take the Amtrak train from there directly to Montreal. The Albany train station is actually in Rensselaer, NY.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,470 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How about this Idea, Essex to Port Kent Ny.

A taxi to Burlington from Essex Jnct. should be $20-25. The Grand Isle ferry runs all year and you could taxi there for $30-40... or perhaps get off the train in Milton or Georgia, which would be a shorter drive.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How about this Idea, Essex to Port Kent Ny.

I'm trying to use public transportation to Montreal. The bus from Springfield does not go to the Renssileer train station. I have already taken the train from Renssileer to Port Kent with a tour group. I find it a very boring ride. I wanted to see the Vermont Country side. on my way to Montreal. I have given up on the St Albans to Rouses Point Idea.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How about this Idea, Essex to Port Kent Ny.

Take the train to Essex Junction and then grab a cab to the Greyhound Station at the Burlington International Airport. From there you can get a bus to Montreal.

6. Re: How about this Idea, Essex to Port Kent Ny.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2011, 05:18