We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington for Dinner, Quickly

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Burlington for Dinner, Quickly

Arriving tomorrow in Burlington. Staying at the Holiday Inn Burlington. what do you recommend for dinner. Heard there is a quaint Old Town??

Next morning, (This Saturday), leaving for Boston via New Hampshire. Any hints for lunch/sites along the way?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burlington for Dinner, Quickly

Church Street Marketplace is what you've heard about. Definitely go there.

For dinner......The Farmhouse for local foods and beer, Vermont Pub and Brewery for pub grub and in house craft beer. What do you like for food? Any particular "cuisine"?

I've heard good things about Foothills Cafe in Warner NH which is about halfway between Burlington and Boston off I-89. Get off the 1st Warner exit you come to, take a left off the ramp and the restaurant will be on your right about a mile or so up the road.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burlington for Dinner, Quickly

Three Tomatoes, Leunigs or Farmhouse in Burlington. Call for reservations, if possible- Friday night is usually crowded everywhere.

On the way to Boston-

Waterbury, Vt- Visit Ben & Jerry's, Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, and Cabot Cheese.

Quechee, Vt : Quechee Gorge and Simon Pearce Glass, glass blowing and more. Vt Institute of Natural Science Nature Center is also in Quechee.

Eat at Farmers Diner or fancier is Simon Pearce which has a restaurant

Woodstock Vt is 5-10 minutes past Quechee and is a lovely small town to stroll through.

Norwich, Vt you will find King Arthur Flour a great place to stop if you are baker or chef. The Montshire Museum of Science is also in Norwich has interesting exhibits for all ages.

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burlington for Dinner, Quickly

We just ate at the Farmhouse tonite.... whereas the food was good, the menu was pretty thin, and I thought the portions were on the small side and prices were ~20+% higher than they should be.... even considering the local food. The Pub and Brewery, 3 Tomatos, Leunigs, Tratoria Delia, L'Amante, Halvorsen's, and others are all very good and would be among my top choices.

Hope you enjoyed the visit!

4. Re: Burlington for Dinner, Quickly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 13:15