We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

We are flying to Burlington, but our flight home is from Boston. We are finding that drop fees with car rental companies are very expensive.

Any suggestions on ways to travel from Burlington to Boston?

Any suggestions on car rentals that might not have such high fees to pickup in Burlington and drop off in Boston?

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

Gas prices being what they are, along with the cost of renting a car, I'd take a look at prices for flying back from Burlington to Boston -- unless you have more than two people in your party. Delta and JetBlue have rates from $117 per person (depending, of course, on when you plan to travel).

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

Possibly bus service to Boston. Greyhound?

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

Yes - Greyhound has busses for approx $60pp.

Boise, Idaho
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

hi you can take meagabus out of burlington vt to south station boston for as little as 1 dollar check out their website and punch in code

world of my own
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

Is the drop off location Royal Tyler Theatre - University Place and Main St. convenient? I tried to look at a map online, looks like it Main St. is route 2..and I have trouble deciphering from maps when streets are pedestrian streets or not.. can you walk to the the downtown, waterfront, Hilton from here or would you need to find a taxi?

Thanks.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

Royal Tyler is just north of Main St. in Burlington, at the top of the hill. One could walk to downtown, but it would not be easy if you were carrying luggage.

Google "College Street Shuttle" This is across the University of Vermont green from the Royal Tyler. #5 stop at Waterman Building is at the corner of College and South Prospect streets. Shuttle is free to downtown. Check hours of service. Or if already taking a bus, look for the major downtown bus stop at Cherry St.

Main St, Burlington, turns into Rt. 2/ Williston Rd. in South Burlington

world of my own
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

Perfect thanks.

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

A taxi is the easy option from Royal Tyler to downtown. (The shuttle is great too.... just a little less convenient vs. an $8-10 taxi.)

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

Thanks to all for this great information.

10. Re: Burlington to Boston - best public transportation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 01:16