We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington to Montreal to Toronto to Buffalo?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Burlington to Montreal to Toronto to Buffalo?

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to address this but my family and I are planning a trip to Toronto for a family wedding (9/1). Upon booking flights we realized that Toronto from SFO is way more expensive than flying into Buffalo or Burlington. We have 15 days for our total trip. We want to visit Montreal and/or QC if possible as well(hence flying into Burlington). We also plan to stay in Toronto for at least 4 nights.

Do you guys think this is feasible for the amount of time we have?

TIA!

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burlington to Montreal to Toronto to Buffalo?

Sure, 15 days should work.

Are you planning to rent a car? If so, remember that you will have to choose a rental company that will allow you to take the car across the border.

Here's a thought about the itinerary, but other folks may have different ideas.

I'd fly to Buffalo, and on Day 1, drive up to Niagara Falls (Canadian side) for half a day (assuming you haven't been there before; you'd have time for a Maid of the Mist trip around the base of the Canadian Falls) before you head up to Toronto (about 2 or 2-1/2 hours from Niagara Falls). Then spend Days 2-5 in Toronto.

On day 6, drive from Toronto to Montreal (about 6 hours), and spend Days 7 & 8 in Montreal.

On Day 9, drive from Montreal to Quebec (roughly 3 hours). Spend half of Day 9 and all of Day 10 in Quebec.

On Day 11, drive from Quebec to Burlington, Vermont (about 4-1/2 hours). Spend Day 12 in the beautiful City of Burlington.

On Day 13, take the ferry from Burlington across Lake Champlain into New York State and drive down to Lake George or someplace in that region. (Ferry ride, about one hour; then about 2 hours to Lake George -- a very pretty drive!)

On Day 14, drive the rest of the way back to Buffalo (about 5-6 hours).

On Day 15, fly back to SF.

2. Re: Burlington to Montreal to Toronto to Buffalo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2013, 10:21