We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ECHO - Science Centre

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ECHO - Science Centre

I am guessing from its website ECHO is quite a good size. We are planning on coming over Easter. My kids really enjoy these types of musuems and can spend quite a long time there. (We can easily spend a day at the Montreal Science Centre, and 4 hrs at MOST in Syracuse) so I have a few questions:

1. Is there a place inside that we can bring our lunch (I expect it will still be too cold to eat outside).

2. My boys are 12 and 15 (and 50) who are into science, is allowing the full day too much?

3. How busy would you expect it to be on Easter Sunday.

any other suggestions you have would also be helpful

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ECHO - Science Centre

Hi, I noticed no one answered your question so I will try to help you out. I have only visited Burlington, VT a few times and on our last visit, a few years ago, we spent an entire day at ECHO. My family really enjoyed ECHO but we had our youngest children with us. ECHO is geared more towards younger children (IMHO) although my husband and I both enjoyed it, too. For older kids, I would guess a full day might be a bit much but I think it is still worth a visit.

I hope, I was helpful.

Enjoy!

Edited: 30 March 2013, 11:56
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ECHO - Science Centre

Its actually not very big and I doubt you'd spend a whole day there. Maybe a couple of hours?

Not sure about bringing food...they have a cafe there where you can buy lunch.

Edited: 30 March 2013, 12:25
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,756 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ECHO - Science Centre

Agreed w/ the above. A few hours is probably the right amount of time to plan for. The foecast is nice, ao after that you can walk along the rec path by the lake. Or you can rent bikes or roller blades & zip along the rec path for as far as you care to go.

On Church St. (~4 blocks from Echo), there are some great stores - including a couple with science/learning-type stuff for kids of all ages. Don't forget the Lake Champlain Chocolate store too. :)

4. Re: ECHO - Science Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Burlington
Recent Conversations