We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Burlington

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis in Burlington

How easy is it to get a taxi in Burlington? I am considering staying at the Best Western but it is a good distance out of town, and while we will have a car, we will be visiting the local brewpubs so driving doesn't work.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in Burlington

There are few taxis just cruising around. No problem though - just call ahead for a pickup and keep their # with you for the return. I personally like Everywhere Taxi - dependable and competetively priced.

Edited: 25 March 2013, 02:10
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in Burlington

Thanks! We have been to a few places in Michigan where getting a taxi was a bit of an (unwanted) adventure.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
431 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis in Burlington

Ask at your hotel desk and they will probably give you cards for a couple of drivers. Keep the cards with you because you will need to call, you probably won't see them just cruising around like in some other cities.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis in Burlington

I ended up getting a much better deal on a hotel downtown than I expected so we will likely end up walking most places now, but thanks for the tips!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis in Burlington

Great! What hotel and approx what rate? The Hilton is usually ~$200ish, though they have good corporate rates ~$100...

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis in Burlington

I got a corporate rate at the Hilton, it is literally around the corner from the brewpubs I wanted to check out so that worked out very well!

7. Re: Taxis in Burlington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 06:17