We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

couples massage

Sartell, Minnesota
2 posts
Save Topic
couples massage

we have a trip booked for Oct 5-8 and one of the things my wife wants to do is get a couples massage, does anyone have any recommendations? Also where is the best place for fresh crab in the area?

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: couples massage

The Essex by far will have the nicest spa facilities for a couples massage in the greater Burlington area. essexresortspa.com/burlington-vt-spa-en.html I am not a massage guy myself, but I've sent my wife there a few times over the years and she'll confirm that it is the nicest spa around here. It's about 20 minutes outside of Burlington. essexresortspa.com/burlington-vt-spa-en.html You could grab a drink and a meal while there as the food is excellent.

As for crab, that's not really a popluar food item around here. You're more likely to find lobster. However, here's a few suggestions to try. Ray's Seafood is not fancy at all, but they have an amazing selection of seafood that you can eat there or take away. www.raysseafoodmarket.com/fishmarket.html This is also in Essex and out near the spa place.

Shanty on the Shore is one of Burlington's only restaurants that exclusively specializes in seafood. http://www.shantyontheshore.com/ That said, I've never been very impressed in the handful of times that I've eaten there.

Many other restaurants in the Burlington area will have some seafood on the menu, and a few will have crab dishes, though I can't think of a place that serves whole crab.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,499 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: couples massage

Agree w/ Adam on all points. The Ice House is another possible place in downtown BTV to have some crab. And many places have crab cakes - which are very tasty, but likely frozen. (I'm a seafood snob, but they're still worth ordering.) :)

Level Contributor
1 post
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: couples massage

Couples massage...plan on going to Stowe to the Stoweflake Spa! The drive will be beautiful in the fall and there are great places for dinner too.

4. Re: couples massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18