We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming in on Ferry

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Coming in on Ferry

From Port Kent on July 3rd. What would be the easiest way to get a rental car when we get to Burlington? Are there any located at the ferry dock? Or close by? We also are looking for a hotel that night, and hoped to stay downtown, but I have only found $200 range and was looking for a little cheaper.... guess if we get a car though, we could venture out a little. We will only be in Burlington until about noon on July 4th, so I was trying to make the most of our time. Any suggestions? Also, favorite restaurants for the night of the 3rd?

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming in on Ferry

I don't think there is a car rental near the ferry dock; perhaps Enterprise would pick you up down there.

If you're only up here for one night, you probably don't need a car. Just spring for the hotel downtown, and use the free Ferry-Church St.-UVM shuttle. If you need to go aways, take a cab.

See this link for more on the shuttle/bus service:

cctaride.org/main.php/…11CollegeStShuttle

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming in on Ferry

thanks!

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming in on Ferry

You might have some luck with the hotels just off downtown near the highway. I assume the 200/night is probably the downtown Wyndham, but I see the Doubletree is only $99/night on Travelocity. Your still within walking of downtown, or a quick cab jaunt. They alos have a local area shuttle. It's 5 blocks from UVM.

You may want to consider the Wyndham ($178) if you can get a waterfront view. There is a big fireworks show that night.

enjoyburlington.com/Programs/July3rdIndepend…

4. Re: Coming in on Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 04:18