We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the leaf colors currently?

NYC
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How are the leaf colors currently?

Hi all, my wife and I are thinking about going to Burlington from NYC either this coming weekend or the 1st weekend of October. How are the leaf colors currently? Typically I think peak foliage would have already passed, but it seems this year that foliage will happen much later. Thanks very much in advance.

conn
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How are the leaf colors currently?

Drove from Jay peak to St.Johnsbury today.Plenty of color in the Mt tops,next week should be great in north east Vt. Colors are a bit muted though.

NYC
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How are the leaf colors currently?

Thanks everyone. We're going to head up September 28; unfortunately we just got a commitment for October 5 and I'd definitely want to avoid the crowds on Columbus Day (I had forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder!). I'll give a quick report on the colors next weekend as I drive north. Thanks again!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How are the leaf colors currently?

Hello, we are coming from Australia and will be there on that weekend prior to attending a conference.Do you think it is important to book accom asap?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How are the leaf colors currently?

Yes. You need to book accommodations for fall weekends as it gets booked fast.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How are the leaf colors currently?

G'day KimLou6,

'Is it important to book accommodation' ...sure bet it is!

The weekend you are thinking of coming up is the start of the peak season, and if you were thinking of spending a night in Woodstock VT and just turning up for a bed...you have a good chance of staying close by...if 30 - 40+ miles away is close by!

BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will already find it difficult to stay in most places, as they have been booked for weeks, and do plan on a 2 night minimum, unless you are very lucky and get a cancellation.

Good luck and do use TA and YELP to check anywhere out...if they have loads of open rooms there is usually a reason....

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,124 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How are the leaf colors currently?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g659478-i11730-k68…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How are the leaf colors currently?

Thanks for that info..well we are Australian and 40 miles is just up the road,but will definitely take your advice and try to book something.We could change our plans around and go to New York first and see the foliage about 10 days later..if it's still around!

18. Re: How are the leaf colors currently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:22