We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

Deer Park, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

I am interested in going to Vermont next summer with my family ..kids are 12& 14... I would like to stay somewhere with lake activities ...swimming, kayaking, but not too far from Burlington for restaurants,etc. suggestions? Thx

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

2 questions: What kind of accommodations.... hotel, b&b, cottage, motel, camping? And what's 'not too far' for you?

Deer Park, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

Hotel/ motel less than 1/2 hr.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

No hotel/motels that I know of that are directly on the water. There are likely some VRBO's to be found in South Burlington, Charlotte, Shelburne, Milton or Colchester. The Hilton and Marriott in downtown Burlington both have nice lake views, and are convenient to BTV's waterfront and several beaches within a short walk/drive.

Deer Park, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

thx

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
434 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

Look at the Champlain Islands; they might be a little further than what you want, but not by much. I haven't stayed at any of these places but have driven through the area several times, and it's very pretty.

vermont.org/plan-my-experience/…stay

NDG
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

Inn at Shelburne Farms, depending on your budget.

7. Re: Lake lodging...not too far from Burlington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:16