We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late September at Smugglers Notch

Va
Level Contributor
34 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Late September at Smugglers Notch

My husband and I are going to Smugglers Notch in late September. Has anyone else been there during that time of year? We are in our 60's and like to hike, read, tour and relax. Is this a good place for that? Do you have any suggestions for cool things to do?

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late September at Smugglers Notch

Smugglers is one of the best places for hiking, reading, touring and relaxing. I'll be there the second week of October this year.

You can go to smuggs.com, click on fall and then click on the pools/hiking or amenities buttons to see what the resort has to offer during the time you'll be there.

I would highly recommend a drive through the Notch to Stowe. The notch is spectacular. There's lots of restaurants and shops in Stowe to explore.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late September at Smugglers Notch

How long are you going to be at Smugglers Notch??

If you are there for more than a couple of days, a drive into Burlington, a small city situated by Lake Champlain overlooking the Adirondacks, has a lot to offer culturally. 15 minutes south of Burlington is the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, more than 100,000 people visit in a year and their year is only 6 months (mid may to late October). It is an unusual museum consisting of 40 buildings, with exhibits to interest everyone, There is so much to see there, I believe their tickets are good for 2 consecutive days.

Agree with prior post, definitely drive through the pass and also discover Stowe, too.

Va
Level Contributor
34 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late September at Smugglers Notch

Thanks for the info. We will be there for a week and will be flying into Burlington from Virginia. We love the outdoors. We were thinking about coming back a day early to tour around Burlington. Do you have suggestions on places to stay--like bed and breakfast? Restaurants around Smugglers, or Stowe that your recommend?

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late September at Smugglers Notch

Hearth and Candle at Smugglers is one of my favourite restaurants. Stowe will have several good restaurants as well.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late September at Smugglers Notch

Burlington B & B's- Try Willard Street Inn , highest rated, Lang House if you wish to be a little closer to the action( approx 4 blocks closer to Downtown area) Burlington is quite small, so it is fairly compact, thus nothing is too far away.

" 7nvt.com" is a good website for restaurants in Northern Vermont. TA is also a good source, go to the Vermont forum, click on the Vermont restaurants tab, then go to Stowe restaurants link, look at ratings and reviews .

6. Re: Late September at Smugglers Notch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Jeffersonville