We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York to killington

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New York to killington

Me and four friends are travelling from New York to Killington next February 24 and returning beginning of March. Please could you let me know if firstly there is a train or coach company that go between these two places. If not, is there a cheap hire car company that I can hire a car from at JFK airport and return two weeks later.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York to killington

You can hire a car at many places for about $20 a day. Check out prebooking in the Uk...The website I use is holidayextras.co.uk .or something like that. They had the best deals when we looked., It pays to take out the insurance - especially if you are not used to driving in snow. You do have to be over 25 I think to rent a car. Killington from NY should take about 5 hours. Its not a bad idea to have a car to get around whern your there anyway - things in Vermont are a little more spread out than in European resorts.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York to killington

Hi Heathlands,

The Vermont Flyer Amtrack train goes from New York to Rutland (5 hours) and has a two trains a day. Check out there web site for times. You can then either rent a car or get a taxi into Killington, which takes about 20 minutes.

You can also fly from New York to West Lebanon on US air but it is usually very expensive. The cheaper flying option is to fly to Burlington and then hire a car which takes about 1.5 hours drive.

If you can fly via Boston you can get a flight from there to Rutland which last winter had a special on it of $199 for two. Do you have to go via New York???

3. Re: New York to killington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 03:20