We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount Lift Tickets?

Boston...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Discount Lift Tickets?

I was wondering if anyone familiar with Killington, or perhaps a local could advise me on any ways of getting a discount on lift tickets. Thus far the only thing I have been able to locate is doing an e-ticket off the Killington website and getting a slight discount since we are skiing two days. Surely there are some other methods. Would the hotel we are staying at do discounted tickets? Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Casey

New York
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount Lift Tickets?

I've been doing some research and I thought I had a website with Killington listed, but the tickets were not available yet. Then today, I checked back and Killington had been removed from the website. I called the website and they informed me that Killington was sold to another mgmt company and they are not participating in any discount offers this year.

As you said, The only discount I was able to find has been the eTicket through Killington.com. If you do a google search (Discount Ski Lift Tickets, Killington), you may find other options that can give you a better rate IF you make a hotel reservation.

Other than that, you may want to try your local ski store. I am in NYC and am going to try going to Princeton Ski Shop later today to see if they offer any discount lift tickets. Chances are, they do not.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount Lift Tickets?

Casey, perhaps you are familiar with the practice in Salt Lake City, and some Colorado areas, where you can get discount tickets in grocery stores and ski shops, among other places.

This practice does not exist at Killington. Never has.

However, the other respondent is correct: if you book a hotel/lift ticket package, that is frequently where you can get the best deal. If you've already booked a room, you can always check with the hotel to see if it is not too late to add the ticket to the package. Otherwise, the "e-ticket" is your best option.

Boston...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount Lift Tickets?

Great, thank you everyone. I actually haven't booked the hotel yet so I will make sure and ask each hotel when I call them about the possibility of a discount ticket. I had already done the Google route and was having absolutely zero luck finding any outside discounts.

Thanks again,

Casey

Livonia, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount Lift Tickets?

I know it late to post this but when you google "discount lift tickets killington", this is the first link. I found a site that has discount tickets. www.skicbsports.com. At first I wasn't sure so I called them. They sounded legit but to double check I also called Killington. Spoke with PJ in group sales and he confirmed the site as reputable. Works out to be 57.50 per day.

David

Boston...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount Lift Tickets?

Yeah, as it turned out we ended up packaging lift tickets with a hotel through the K website and they came out even a little cheaper. I think we payed like 53ish a day... Anyway it worked out well and was cheaper than an E-ticket or at the lodge. Thanks.

Livonia, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount Lift Tickets?

Great to hear that. If there is anybody else out there that reads this, package deals are normally the best but when I go to Killington I normal rent a private house. (Group of 20 or so and the house is by far the cheapest way for the logging part.) With that being said this website I think is the second best option for tics with respect to not having a package deal.

7. Re: Discount Lift Tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Killington