We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killington for Fall colors?

Which Killington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Killington for Fall colors?

My wife and I are planning a trip for early/mid October. Curious if this area would be good to catch some Fall colors. If so, any recommendations of a nice hotel, lodge or B&B? not interested in condo. Thanks!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killington for Fall colors?

Lots to see foliage-wise around Killington, lots of rural drives to be found stretching in all directions, especially including nearby Rt. 100, which can be spectacularly beautiful. And of course, Woodstock is not far away, too.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killington for Fall colors?

TerBear 9 good morning,

Do consider Woodstock as a potential base as it is a charming village, full of history, good retail therapy run by individual store owners, and has many lodging and dining options. Do Book lodging NOW, as the period you are visiting is already looking busy, check lodging on the town web site www.woodstockvt.com

You have timed your visit perfectly as long a sMother Nature plays along.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Killington for Fall colors?

Agree with big nose, that Woodstock is a good base. Staying in Killington, I like Birch Ridge Inn, though there certainly are others. Definitely book soon.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Killington for Fall colors?

I remember going to killington over Columbus weekend a few years ago. trees were mostly green when we arrived, and on Sunday we woke to full color spectrum! We drove to Woodstock for an afternoon, and it was bumper-to-bumper nightmare.

T

5. Re: Killington for Fall colors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 06:17