We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

My boyfriend and I are looking to make dinner reservations for New Years Eve in Killington. Any recommendations?? Not looking for anything too "frat" but not a sleepy old-mans place either. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Also, will it be nearly impossible to get in to restaurants without a reservation that night and on other nights that weekend? Its going to be our first time there so I wasnt sure..thanks a lot.

suffolk uk
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

HI I'from the uk and am going to killington on 27th dec. I have been before and i can honestly recommend a chinese resturant called Shushi oshi well i think thats how it is spelt. we went there last year and its just great . atmosphere is great as is the food. thats where we'll be heading!! enjoy!

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

I can suggest Hemmingways, it is a little upmarket, but relaxed. The food is very creative and in my oppinion, the best in the area, but it may be too pricey for you.

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

I agree Hemmingways is the place. Its a little up-scale but my husband and I enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner there. Very nice, cozy, special place for a special evening. Reservations are a must. New Yrs weekend is packed with part-goers and families.. including people who are inexperienced or not skiing at all.

Boston
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

While we are on this page... My daughter (23) and a few of her firends are planning on staying for a few days over New Years . Can anyone recommend a hotel near lifts and nightlife? Is it crazy on New Years and where the place to be? Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

While we are on this page... My daughter (23) and a few of her firends are planning on staying for a few days over New Years . Can anyone recommend a hotel near lifts and nightlife? Is it crazy on New Years and where's the place to be? Thanks.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

What about the Wobbly Barn? I was there 4 years ago and that seemed to be quite a nice place - food was good and so was the nightlife!

US
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

Bump, anyone else have opinions on the nightlife in Killington New Years Eve weekend? We're in our early 20's, looking for a fun weekend for the holiday. Suggestions and comments?

Thanks

NJ & VT
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

For you 20 somethings... are you all kidding??? Your in the ski party capitol of the east... the access road will rock for days leading up to new years... try the Pickle or Wobbly or.....

If your a 30 something or older the Grist might be a good watering hole for you...

For a nice meal... try Choices... the best restaurant on the access road by far... and far less $'s than Hemmingays ( unless you've got a company credit card ! ). The Grist also has a nice quiet sit down meal for not to much $'s.

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

I just booked for new years this year. Group of 16 in our early-mid 20's. I hear that Wobbly Barn and Pickle Barrel are the places for our age group, but my question is what are the prices for new years eve covers? Are there advance ticket purchases or is it first come first serve? Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Christopher Karr
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years Eve in Killington - recs for restaurant?

Plan on paying $65 for a cover charge that evening. The only way you can get in the Wobbly is to dine first. Dinner is on top of the $65! The Pickle Barrel does sell a limited amount of advance tickets. There is not a restaurant there, but plenty of them next to the Pickle! The Pickle Barrel also offers free transportation to and from the club. Call 422- RIDE for a free ride (10 mile radius)

The PB will have Darikand the Funbags. No clue who is performing at the WB. Both clubs are good. Obviously, we are partial to the PB!

Looking forward to a great winter!