We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer questions

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
1st timer questions

Looking at the Cascades or the Mountain Inn. There is only a $12 difference in price Killington quoted me. Is one any better than the other? I will be skiing by myself so space is not really an issue, just wondered if one was newer or better kept? Location looks to be very close to each other.

Anything else I need to know about the resort? I like to ski green/blue and some blacks, but I prefer to stick mostly to stuff that is groomed. I have never skied the east except the southern resorts in WV, NC and yes even TN. I have been on many trips out west to many of the major resorts and this year I want to try one of the real eastern resorts.

I am Flying into Manchester, NH the first week of Feb and will make what looks like 110 mile drive from the airport. I found a super low fare from Nashville was $105 (one way) so that cinched it for me!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 1st timer questions

Friday will be a banner day. Hopefully for you the snow will clear out by "very early on the 9th".

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: 1st timer questions

The skiing tuesday was decent here. Today not that good. The ice which was manageable tuesday spread out to a lot more areas. They have been making snow in different spots since i got here, but they really just need some snow. Speaking of....

I was at breakfast this morning at Wally's and one of the snowmaker/groomer guys was there and he was talking about a massive storm that the mountain ops staff believed would bring 1-2 feet starting Friday into Saturday. I was planning on leaving saturday morning but had to really rethink that plan. It involves driving 110 miles to Manchester NH airport, and even if the roads are not too bad the flight stands a good chance of being canceled as the the storm is supposed to even worse south of here. So instead of stressing on the drive and having the possibility of getting stuck in Manchester I just added another night here! I mean i can't leave right as the biggest storm of the year hits right?

Friday should be epic. I am taking tomorrow off and going for a massage/spa day and give my sore muscles a break. Going to drive around a bit and pick up some souvenirs. I will also drive over to Pico just to look around and check it out. If it looks good I will hit it Friday. All the local people I have talked to say its the place to be after a big dump. Anything else in the area I should check out on my off day?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 1st timer questions

" I mean i can't leave right as the biggest storm of the year hits right?" No, you can't! Congrats on having that flexibility. Lots of people wouldn't be able to do that.

Probably too late, but Woodstock will be perfect for your off day.

Pico will be better on Saturday than Friday. Less crowded. JMHO.

Where did you end up staying?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: 1st timer questions

After speaking with more people that work and live here today they all seem to agree with you Rantipole about hitting Pico on Saturday so that is the new plan.

25. Re: 1st timer questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:16