We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we bring cooked frozen food from Canada to US.?

quebec
Level Contributor
286 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can we bring cooked frozen food from Canada to US.?

Would like bring lasagnas, chili, roasts etc. so that I could cook them during our 5 days ski trip in Killington. Does anyone know if we could cross the border with a cooler full of frozen food?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we bring cooked frozen food from Canada to US.?

Good question...I know fruits/vegis/meats are a no-no.

I've never crossed the border with food (do Coffee Crisps count?). I'll dig around and see what I can find out.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we bring cooked frozen food from Canada to US.?

We used to have an apartment in Montreal while living a full time in the Adirondacks. We brought food both ways all the time but always admitted to it if asked. You may also want to check this link and call the number below

www.quebecnewyorkcorridor.com/border.asp

QUEBEC-NEW YORK CORRIDOR COALITION

P.O. BOX 310

Plattsburgh, New York 12901-0310 U.S.A.

Telephone: (518) 563-1000

Fax: (518) 563-1028-

Email: chamber@westelcom.com

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we bring cooked frozen food from Canada to US.?

Right now, I believe beef in not allowed. Some Customs folks I know don't make a big deal about, others follow the rules strictly, and will seize your salami. I'd probably just stock up at the Price Chopper in Rutland.

see:

cbp.gov/xp/…prohibited_restricted.xml

4. Re: Can we bring cooked frozen food from Canada to US.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 04:18