We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

i have been searching and can't find it....trying to plan a girls 40 somethings weekend in October for leaf peeping...I would love to find a 4 bdrm home with no twins or bunks, with 3 baths in a quintessional cottage home or even a updated condo but it just doesn't seem to exist...I've found exactly what I wanted in plymouth, but didn't really stay that far outside of killington...any suggestions appreciated...thanks

16 replies to this topic
Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
660 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

Depending what your plans are -- Plymouth is close to Killington and at least as lovely and accessible for leaf-peeping. (Probably not so good if your plans include partying/clubbing late at night in Killington and then having to drive back to where you're staying.) A place w a Killington address cd still be back in the woods and effectively as far away as a place in Plymouth on a main road.

Mentioned in this post
Plymouth
Plymouth
Massachusetts
NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

That is my concern, is getting back after drinking at night...is Uber drivers prevalent up there do you know??

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

Have you checked vrbo or Airbnb?

Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
660 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

I have never heard of Uber drivers in this part of the country at all -- hopefully someone else will know more. It sounds like you might need to compromise on the kind of housing so you can get a location that works well for you.

NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

yes they all have the same listing basically...thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

yes, thank you swedishivy2013

Edited: 28 May 2016, 23:55
Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

Just curious why you are focusing on Killington for a fall trip, as opposed to some other part of Vermont? I was under the impression the clubs up there were only really hopping during ski season but perhaps I am wrong.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

If you want nightlife then consider Burlington. You can stay within walking distance of dozens of bars and restaurants. Easy to do day trips for leaf peeping, for example Stowe and the Mad River Valley are less than an hour away.

Mentioned in this post
Stowe
Stowe
Vermont
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

If you're willing to accept a room or two with twin beds, HomeAway and VRBO have some beautiful rentals in Killington.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?

I second another poster above...Killington is actually pretty darn quiet (with regards to nightlife) in the fall. The nightlife/party scene does not start hopping until the snow flies. Fall attracts a different type of traveler - those here for peace & quiet, scenery, foliage etc. If nightlife is something you are looking for definitely go to Burlington instead.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Does what I want housing wise exist in killington?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted