We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're getting snow!!!

Which Ludlow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
We're getting snow!!!

8-12" predicted for Valentines day....winter has finally decided to show its face in Vermont. Come on up for this holiday weekend - its gonna be wonderful. I'll keep you posted!

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're getting snow!!!

Hi InnVic...

Do calm down and get your shovel ready. Perchance do you ski yet??? If not......it all seems wasted on you. Today was a BRILLIANT day to ski at Killington. A little windy but the snow was perfect and after 4 hours I had to retire to a bottle of red wine and a bath!

Snow is certainly coming but hopefully not 12 feet of the stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We're getting snow!!!

Most ski montains like Okemo have been snow making and the skiiing has been wonderful most of this year anyway....but I'm so happy for the sleigh ride operators and the snowmobilers and snow shoe and x-country sking.places. Its about time they had a break

I'd love to be skiing but just been too darn busy - happy to follow the suggestion of the bottle of wine though :-)

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're getting snow!!!

Don't forget the sled dogs. My dogs are more excited than anyone, and yes I do believe they know the snow is coming.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We're getting snow!!!

12-24" up here in Northern VT expected. WOOO HOOO!

Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're getting snow!!!

I skied @ Okemo last weekend and it was great with the man made snow. I am supposed to drive up Wed. eve. and ski Thursday, am excited about snow but the 4 hr. drive will be nasty it looks like.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We're getting snow!!!

its 9.45am Wednesday and we've got 6" of perfect white powder with another 24" to come today!!!!! They're ploughing the roads all ready for your Presidents Weekend trip!

You thought snow and we've got it...happy happy happy!

7. Re: We're getting snow!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 02:18