We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

Which Ludlow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

We had stayed at Andrie rose inn, ludlow,VT, last fall.The website claimed that host would meet with guests and plan whole itinerary but when we asked something,mike acted as is we are an inconvinience to him and as if he is doing favor to us.gourmet breakfast was anything but gourmet!!!!!1 somedays we didnt get orange juice, other days we didnt get bread.the excuse was , oh bread delivery truck didnt arrive !!!!!!! for exorbitant price we paid,we could have stayed at nice hotel with better amneities and definitely more courteous staff.oh, and top of that, he charged $28.00 for a small jar of nivea cream that was placed in the room.We thought ,it was complimentary.My advise,avoid this inn, if you dont want to get disappointed

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

Hi Bharatmd,

I'm always sorry when visitorss have a disappointing experience but I can assure you that most inn keepers are very aware that the customer in this day and age has power.

Please do advise the local Chamber of Commerce (assuming that Andrie Rose is a member?) as the C.O.C will have a system in place for investigating complaints.

Please do visit Vermont again and use TripAdvisor to check out your accommodation.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

Hi Bharatmd

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the Andrie Rose. I believe they normally have a good reputation locally, Perhaps you just caught them during a particularly stressful Fall season, it can be quite difficult to keep smiling after weeks of relentless "leaf peepers".

Most Innkeepers would be mortified to think they had an unhappy guest. I know personally we like to know straight away if we have any guest disappointed with any aspect of our rooms or service, we then have the opportunity to put things right. Its a much more preferable position than reading a bad review on tripadvisor!!

I do hope it hasn't put you off Vermont and our particularly beautiful area of the Okemo Valley (Ludlow, Chester, Weston, Cavendish etc.). We have many excellent B&Bs to choose from if you didn't want to return to the AR, as always, let TripAdvisor be your guide.

Ludlow, VT`
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

I am sorry to read bharatmd did not fully enjoy his visit to the Andrie Rose Inn in October 2006. We attempt to exceed guest expectations of each and every visitor. Customes satiafaction is our highest priority! I wish we were made aware of the issues during his visit rather, than six months later via the internet.

Please allow me to clear up a couple of points:

1. We use Orchid Island fresh squeezed orange juice, not a frozen product.

2. The scones, biscuits and sweet breads are made here and not a loaf from the grocery store. The yeast bread toast we often serve with egg dishes is locally made at Crow’s Corner Bakery.

3. I attempted to get his permission to allow me to make dinner reservations for his party of four, somewhere, anywhere. The Inn would of course be my first choice, for fine dining, on Friday or Saturday night. During peak periods, area visitors find waiting lines of 60 minutes or more at most restaurants. I tried to spare them that inconvenience. I am sorry he chose to see my actions as self serving; when guest satisfaction was my sole intent.

4. The Nivea Cream is of course complimentary. The $28.36 charge to his credit card at the time of departure was $6.50, plus 9% VT tax, for each of the four hot breakfast entrées he ordered from our room service menu, as an addition to the ‘complimentary breakfast hamper’ mentioned in our brochure, on our website and in room information booklet. Itemized guest statements are always presented at check-out.

I have offered, bharatmd the first night of his next stay at the Andrie Rose Inn, free. Should his stay, fall over a weekend, I will include a four course dinner, currently valued at $45.00.

Respectfully,

Michael Maston, Innkeeper

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

I was shocked to see this angry review on the Andrie Rose Inn - we have been to the Inn two years in a row and both Mike & Irene have always been a complete pleasure - and the food was outstanding!! Breakfast was always perfect and during both stays, we had our New Year's Eve dinner at the Inn & we couldn't have been happier! Perhaps you arrived at breakfast right before the "end of breakfast"?? Oh, but i just read Mike's response that you ordered room service for breakfast -

You sound like the kind of person that could find something wrong with the slightest thing & would rather complain about it later than clear the air in the present - or maybe you were just angling to get a free meal/night at the Inn!

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

And this response is for "davidbignose" -

Did you even bother to go onto the Andrie Rose Inn reviews before you fired off that message advising the unhappy guest at the inn to contact the COC??

If you had, you would have seen all glowing reviews of the Andrie Rose and just one unhappy camper - that being the person you told to complain to the COC about the Inn!!

I'm just hoping bharatmd doesn't take up the innkeeper's offer for a free night plus dinner - bharatmd doesn't deserve such consideration!

Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

Isn't the Andrie Rose For Sale now?

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

yes

Long Island, NY
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

Does the fact that the inn is for sale mean that the hospitality is deteriorating? We were thinking of staying there for a day or two later this month.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

I don't think you can make that assumption. Inns can take years to sell and it is in the interest of the seller to make sure the business is viable to ensure they get the asking price. If anything this could make the Innkeeper pay even more attention to guest comfort and satisfaction. If you do choose to go then make sure you post a review of your stay to help future travellers make an informed choice.

10. Re: andrie rose innkeeper is colder than vermont winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Ludlow