We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson Gore In Okemo

London, England
3 posts
Save Topic
Jackson Gore In Okemo

Hi Anybody got any feedback on this inn - I have seen some good reviews and we live in the UK but are coming over with 2 children 7/8 in February and just trying to find the best ski resort within a 3 hr drive from Boston if possible

It will be our first family ski trip and we also saw smugglers notch was good but quite a bit further drive and after a 7 hr flight we will all be a little jaded

Appreciate any ones comments

Thanks

Simon

Peoria, AZ
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackson Gore In Okemo

Hi Simon

Although I haven't stayed at Jackson gore Inn I've had dinner there and it is a great place. Not exactly "typical vermont" but it has pretty much all the features you'd want and need for a skiing vacation with kids. There are heated pools and hot tubs, choices of restaurant, and skiing from the door. Okemo has a great reputation as a family mountain and their attention to detail is second to none. Its not the cheapest skiing in the area but it is certainly amongst the best. The tution there is superb - my friends kids learned to ski there and they had a wonderful time. Its a easy drive from Boston airport and there are many other attractions locally to keep you and the family occupied, ice skating, sleigh rides, cross country skiing, snowshoing etc..

Okemo mountains should be at the top of your list - and if the Inn is not what your looking for there are many other quality accommodations in Ludlow within minutes of the base.

Ada, Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackson Gore In Okemo

I'm thinking of another Vermont trip, myself, in late March. Been to Killington, quite a few times.

Been scouting the whole state though, thinking about buying a timeshare. But, I think I might want to come for a week, or so, this year to investigate further in person.

So,I've read about this accomodation, as well. From what I can tell, it's quite new, and nice. I understand it's a ski on/ski off facility. That's a huge plus.

I have further questions, though. Is it really a "hotel" type of accomodation? Or, more like suites, or townhouses, with kitchens, etc? I mean, if it's truly ski on/ski off, and a hotel, how do you go about this? Lug your skis and poles, and trudge back to your hotel room, up stairs and/or elevators? That would not be what I want. But, if it's a suite of some sort, with a balcony, where I can ski back for lunch, etc, with relative ease, then this would highly interest me.

I'm also considering areas in Killington again, and near Sugarbush/Mad River Glen. This seems like a good location, in Okemo, though. Kind of central, not far from Killington, and it seems relatively close to the highway, to go to northern ski spots easier.

Thanks for any help.

Bill