We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Manchester what to do

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in Manchester what to do

Hello! I will go to Manchester for only one day. I know that I can go to the outlets (hope there is some children stores) what else I can do? My kids are 6 and 2 thank you!

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in Manchester what to do

First there are a couple of children's store in town. Will your shopping make sure you stop in the Northshire Book Store, your kid will love the children's department on the third floor.

If you want to give the kid a chance to cut loose and use up some engergy take them to the Dana Thompson Rec Park http://www.town.manchester.vt.us/parks.htm [on Route 30 just outside of town], they have some really great play grounds, and it a good place for a picnic lunch. Also if you happen to be in town on a Thursday this is where we hold the Farmer's market.

Your children are little young for Hildene [the Lincoln Estate], but there are some great trails, and the garden's are beautiful and they have animals www.hildene.org/html/farm___grounds.html

This may seem strange, but I'll your children will also enjoy the Orvis Flagship Store, they have several trout pond where you can watch the big fish.

They would alos love a trip down Route 7A the Hidden Spring's Ice Cream Stand. It's located on a working farm, and the ice cream is worth the trip [personal favorite is the Pumpkin Spice]. If you will be town closer to fall, across the road from this is the Equinox Pumpkin Patch equinoxvalleynursery.com/pumpkinpatch.html

that one can't miss.

Along with the shopping that should fill up your day, prety well.

2. Re: 1 day in Manchester what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 17:18