We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Bike/Hike in Vermont and add a little romance??

Which Middlebury hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
14 posts
Save Topic
Where to Bike/Hike in Vermont and add a little romance??

I would really appreciate some help! I'm trying to plan a weekend getaway for my boyfriend and I this summer. We would like to relax and have a few small adventures as well. I'm not sure where to start but I know that we'd like to do some biking...wouldn't mind being near water...and want some quality alone time. Any suggustions where to stay in Vermont???

Thanks All!

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Bike/Hike in Vermont and add a little romance??

KCITY,

Woodstock has good trails up route 12N or route 106S assuming you want on road? If you want off road you can be a mad person and cycle down the ski runs at Killington.....or there are many off road trails. Check out the village website www.woodstockvt.com. You can swim in Silver lake in Barnard after a 10 mile cycle there...5 miles of it up a hill...and the return journey is VERY easy as you come back down the hill! Lot's of diverse places to stay from hotels to inns/B & B's who over different styles and price ranges of accommodation. Great restaurants and an historic village with a covered bridge.....what more do you need? Also the village is very easy to get to being 13 miles off I89 and I91.....

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,760 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Bike/Hike in Vermont and add a little romance??

Burlington is another good choice: Nice little town on the shore of Lake Champlain, with an excellent bike path extending for ~20 miles along the lake. Lots of restaurants, art and sightseeing in town and within a 1 hour drive.

Warren, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Waitsfield
Level Contributor
152 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Bike/Hike in Vermont and add a little romance??

The Stowe bike path is great too. No shortage of places to stay & dine.

4. Re: Where to Bike/Hike in Vermont and add a little romance??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Middlebury
More Middlebury Topics